.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Janurary 15, 2010


Today was full of things that were not extraordinary. They were ordinary things for me. I did laundry, made more laundry soap, made dinner, and put Caty to bed. There were lots of other perfectly normal things that I do every day. But one of my favorite everyday normal things is putting Caty to bed.


Yes, I know it is not always a treat when I have to fight her the entire way from getting to put on her jammies to brushing her teeth then the “oh yes I forgot I have to get…” but when we are settled down into the bed that is my favorite. When Dee (my sister) works I get to “spoon” with Caty. Spooning is what we call cuddling in our house. Every night it is the same thing. I have Caty brush her teeth and then we crawl into bed. We spend 5 minutes getting EVERYTHING that we need for a comfortable night’s sleep, 15 blankets, 10 stuffed animals all having their own name, a drink of water and then I turn off the lights but not before forgetting to turn on the nightlight. I have had to tell her that the nightlight is not going to be on if she is wearing an eye mask to make the room darker.

But while we are lying in bed I have insisted that we say a bed time prayer; so after we have gotten all of our wiggles out and gotten comfortable I ask the same question, “So Caty, what do you want to pray for tonight?” I have gotten some different answers, the time I had to say hi to Sally-Potkins (her dead cat) was interesting. One of our usual prays include both of us having a good attitude for the next day. So I have her go first and then I finish up. So tonight was just like any night I snuggle down in with her and she asked Jesus to let Papa let her have a kitty. That was a new one, I kind of giggled when she made her request be known because I was remembering what Papa had said. “NO, no more animals!”

I finished up with praying for Caty to always love Jesus and for her mom, her dad, Nina, Papa and myself to make good choices because our choice affect her.

But I’m not going to tell Dad about the little pray that Caty sent up to see how God works in his heart. This picture is of me and Caty spooning in her bed as we were getting ready to pray, she is pretending to be asleep.

No comments: