Wednesday night I was getting some water before I was going to sleep. And as I walked into the kitchen I heard something dripping, so I thought to myself it was a good thing I walked in when I did so I could make sure the faucet was turned off. After I checked it the dripping continued. So I investigated a little bit further. Turns out that water was dripping from the top of the window molding. My first thought at 11 pm was “NOT GOOD”. Luckily, we do know the reason and we will take care of in the morning. There are ice dams on the roof and water is getting backed up in the walls. That drip got me thinking about life. We never would have known ice had built up in the walls if that drip didn’t start. I often wonder how many little things in my life get backed up and then I only realize that there is a problem when there is a small drip. But really that drip is covering a bigger problem, from the inside of our house we would never be able to see the ice dam forming on the roof. And looking at the ice dam on the roof would we be able to see the little drip on the inside.

No comments:
Post a Comment