Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Just the start of a really busy summer! Two classes that will take my time, one Bible study, one mission trip and my dad is going to have surgery. Nothing major, he is going to have some work done on his hand for carpal tunnel.
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
For some reason I forgot Secretary Appreciation Day. So I made up for lost time. I made bouquets of flower pens for them to keep on their desks. They were a huge hit. There are things I would do differently the next time, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that everyone loved them.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
I didn’t get a picture for today.
Friday, May 21, 2010
This is a picture of my mom, my friend Deanna at the Hotel. Even though my birthday is in September, I got my birthday weekend this weekend. For my 29th birthday (9/8/09) I decided I wanted to see my favorite speaker live and she came to Grand Rapids. I love Beth Moore. There were so many amazing God moments for this weekend. For instance, my friend had a huge family emergency and through a ton of prayer she was able to go to the event. Lifeway only expected about 4000 to come to event a final total would be 7300. That’s right almost double of what they expected. And she brought a message! Hokey Smokes!
Saturday, May 22, 2010
These are pictures of Beth. I tried really hard to get her on stage. Multiple settings and different angles, so I took a couple of her from the video. This is her sitting down with a group of 7300 women and just having a chat with us. That conference could have lasted a week and I still would have wanted more! If you were at Van Andal this last weekend, I am so honored to have been able to share this experience with you!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Wendy’s is offering a program where if you donate $1 you can get a free Jr. Frosty with any purchase. Well Caty, my mom, my dad and myself got Frostys for under $5. My mom got a tag as well. After such a fantastic weekend, it was kind of nice to get back into “normal” life.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Caty arch-nemesis! “Papa’s stinky pillow” when Caty and I snuggle in my mom and dad’s bed one of the running jokes is who gets to put their head on “the pillow” Well we played that game. Caty told me that I would never get her to touch the pillow that she wouldn’t do anything that gross. So I took the bet and won!!! That’s right I got a 6 year old to touch something that she didn’t want to. I picked up the pillow and touched Caty with it. She wasn’t impressed. So she picked up the pillow and hit me with it. So I had to point out that she had touched it. I even made her smell her hands and she did it.







3 comments:
Great photos Bev.So nice to get to know you better. Glad you had a nice "birthday" weekend! Enjoy your week further. x
Love all the stories with your pictures this week. You had me smiling!
Love the pictures...but love the stories just as much!
I've never been to a Beth Moore conference, but the more people talk about her, the more interested I become!
Post a Comment