Thanks for comming to visit my pictures for the week. If you would like to visit other pictures please stop over at The Mom Creative.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I sent this email out for one of my students and sobbed.
Hello Prayer Task Force and Prayer Warriors.
I need to call on you for something huge. One of my students just found out she has cancer. Her name is Caitlin and she is 15 years old. Through a series of God sized events doctors found a 5 cm tumor in her brain. On March 12, a car ran a stop sign and the bus she was ridding in hit the car so hard that both the car and the bus ended up in a ditch. Nobody was injured and the bus driver was commended for keeping the bus upright on a really steep ditch. She did hit her head and started forgetting things and dropping things so mom and dad got her in for an MRI just to make sure that everything was ok. The Doctor looked at the scan and told the family that she needed to be at DeVos Children’s Hospital right away. The tumor was not caused by the bus accident, but the original scan said it was 5cm. That is about 2 inches just to put it in perspective for everyone. On March 19 the doctors went into her brain and took out most of the tumor. They couldn’t get all of it because of where it was located but they sent what they could in to get tested to see if it was cancer. The first test was inconclusive so doctors ran more tests. She came home from the hospital yesterday (March 30) and today she got the news that the tumor is cancerous. She will have another MRI in three weeks so doctors can decide on a plan of action. I don’t even know how to pray for this situation. Jesus has met us at every turn. Doctors went in and cut her brain and she is getting her speech, expression, movement on her right side back and soon she will walk on her own.
So if you say one little pray for her that would be great. I have attached a picture so you can put a face with a name. Thanks, Bev
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
We have found something else fun to do with the squirrels out side. Stand out on the back porch shake the peanuts, so the squirrels know what you are tossing out then start throwing them to the nearest animal. You should see how fast they scurry.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
In the process of cleaning I decided to get rid of some of my trophies from high school. So I took their picture and am sending them to the Goodwill. I just pray I don’t buy them back.
Friday, April 9, 2010
I come home from school and get on to Facebook. I scroll down and something catches my eye. So-and-so became a fan of Mr. Warnock. So I go and check it out. My dad made it big time with his own facebook page. Currently he has 437 fans. And the stories on there are really funny. Kids have been posting their favorite story about him. Luckily I have been made an administrator and have some control over what is posted. I promised I wouldn’t ruin the fun, but the students and former students have been really good.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Prayers have been answered and we got a miracle. Janet my friend got her five organ transplant and is now recovering. The last I heard she is doing great and she was officially closed up Monday. So I’m assuming everything is going really well. Now we are praying for a good recovery. PTL!!!!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
I finished reading my text book for the semester and answering all of the questions at the end of the book. I don’t know how many time I had to call someone to make sure my thinking was correct. Working with kids that emotionally and behaviorally impaired will be the toughest job I will every love. I’m praying for my heart already.
Monday, April 12, 2010
This past weekend my mom found a quilt top I have been looking for the last couple of years and I put together my dad’s Christmas present. It is still in the living room it has not made its way down to his radio shack yet. But it is put together. And that is half the battle.






5 comments:
I love the facebook picture of the day. How fun!
I will pray for your sweet student! I am a supporter of the Kyrie foundation. If you have some time, check out kyriefoundation.org and her blog, kyriethome.blogspot.com. This precious girl lost her battle with a brain tumor, but her family has put together this foundation to raise money for Pediatric Brain Cancers. They have already raised over $50,000 and received their first research grant! Doing good in Kyrie's name is what it is all about! Have a great week!
I will say a prayer for your student. That is so sad to happen so young. Thanks for visiting and yes flowers brighten the room. I'm going to start working on flowers now like Becky Higgins has been doing. Hoping they come out as good as hers. Great photos for the week.
Wow, Bev, you have had a big week. Praying for Caitlin. May the Lord give you the prayers, words of encouragement and support for you to be His hands of love to her.
My sister-in-law is also battling brain cancer right now. Things have been going really well, and she received yet another great report from Mayo a couple weeks ago. Your student will definitely be in our prayers!
Post a Comment