Welcome to the “Man Cave.” My uncle got this bearskin rug and redecorated the “Black hole” into the Man Cave. When my Grandma and Grandpa Warnock were alive they called the basement of their home the Black hole, that is where my Grandpa would disappear to when he was hiding from my Grandma, But he would really go and take a nap and watch two ballgames on two different TVs. Now the Man Cave has a lot of dead animals in it, including a stuffed squirrel. Kind of strange for a family that doesn’t hunt.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
In order to see the Man Cave, I had to take a trip to my Uncle Tim’s house. I had a job interview and because of the distance I decided to leave early and get there Tuesday night, for the interview that was early in the morning Wednesday. My uncle took me out for Breakfast and I snapped this picture of him and I. It really is a great picture of the two us together. I think I will make him a 5 by 7 and send him a copy in a frame. I didn’t get the job, apparently they did not read my cover letter. I’m not certified yet to teach special education, but due to the great need I can become “emergency certified” so I can get a job in special education, but that isn’t good enough for this job and it did say that on my cover letter. Oh Well, Jesus has something bigger for me someplace else.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Caty said the sweetest pray I have ever heard from anyone. I know that I have said in the past that the way she prays puts me to shame. We were having meatloaf. Not her favorite, but if we ate her favorite all of the time we would survive on McDonald's and Pizza. My mom and I told her she had to eat 5 bites, so she put a piece of meat on her fork and said “Dear Jesus, help me eat this meat because I don’t want too.” My mom and I look at each other and she didn’t have to eat the meat after that.
Friday, March 11, 2010
The Boy’s went to district finals. These boys beat a team that has gone to district finals 11 out of the last 13 years and has won district finals 9 of the 11 years. We were pretty proud. This was the line up during the National Anthem. Yes, I took the picture during the National Anthem. They didn’t win but they played well. Maybe next year.
Saturday, March 12, 2010
The High School Drama Club put on Snow White: A twisted tale. It was really good. Funny and written by one of the eighth graders, she has a very promising career. Caty sat through the entire play. Instead of getting autographs I took pictures with the cast members. I had a lot of fun.
Sunday, March 13, 2010
Here is my cardboard testimony. I’m not sure how much more I have to say. Before Jesus I was Lukewarm, selfish and a chair warmer. I can remember showing up for church thinking, Ok I’m here. This better be good. And now I look for areas to serve. I mean I already talking about Bridget and how she took a chance on me, but I get to lead a trip to Flint. In case you are wondering what "Cardboard Testimonies" look like. This one wasn't from our Church but it is an example.






2 comments:
Great pictures this week! I love the 'man cave', too funny!
Sorry, you didn't get the job. But you are right about Jesus having other plans. It can be so hard to see that sometimes, though.
Have a great week!
Cute pictures!!
Loved the card-board testimony...
Praying for the job!
Post a Comment